Water Equipment Brands
- 4Iron, Manganese & H2S Filter Parts
- Featured Areas
- 107New Products
- 18Clearance & Close-Outs
- Browse Store
- 24Chemicals & Cleaners
- 12Coolers & Water Bottles
- 3Counter Top Drinking Water Systems
- 30Distillers, their Parts & Accessories +
- 145Fittings +
- 12Installation Supplies +
- 16Leak Detection & Prevention
- 17Media - Bulk
- 5Ozone Systems and Parts
- 23Pressure Tanks
- 38Pump Control Boxes & Panels
- 24Pump Parts All - Jet & Submersible +
- 14Pumps - Booster, Demand, Delivery
- 15Pumps Jet
- 20Pumps Submersible
- 4Pumps Sump
- 150Reverse Osmosis Replacement Parts +
- 17Reverse Osmosis & UF Filtration Systems
- 10Shower Filters & Accessories
- 23Spin-Down Sediment Filters & Parts
- 17Taps & Faucets
- 31Testing Equipment & Supplies
- 37Ultra Violet Light Sterilizers +
- 280UV Replacement Parts +
- 37Water Filter Housing Parts
- 48Water Filter Housings & Kits
- 261Water Filters +
- 29Water Filters 20" Standard
- 149Water Filters Big Blue +
- 17Water Filters Jumbo +
- 94Water Softener Parts +
- 7Water Softeners & Conditioners
- 5Water Testing
- 52Well System Parts & Installation Supplies
- 5Whole House Self Cleaning Systems
Limited Time Sale!
Happy Customers Since 1989
Fleck 5800-SXT Series GreenSand, Iron, Manganese & H2S, Whole House Filter System by Pentair
The Fleck 5800-SXT represents a great step forward in the world of self-cleaning filters. Fleck has always made reliable workhorse water softeners, and filters, and while these tried and true machines are still in service today they were lacking some modern sophistication and conveniences. The 5800SXT has brought them into the modern era, customizable, efficient, multitasking machines that meet today's demands.
The Manganese GreenSand Plus+ Advantage
Manganese GreenSand Plus+ is a very effective way to treat water with ferrous iron, ferric iron, manganese
Our GreenSand Plus+ system utilizes Potassium Permanganate (often referred to as PotPerm), to help clean the media bed and re-energize its capabilities. The PotPerm is stored in a small reservoir beside the main tank and automatically feeds 2 to 4oz of pot-perm in solution to the system during its cleaning cycle. Depending on your systems size, water chemistry and the amount of water you use, you will need to replenish this pot perm typically on a six month or annual basis.
Is this system & method right for you?
There are a few things you need to consider before selecting this method of removal.
Is the pH of your water from 6.5 to 9.0? If the pH of your water is lower or equal to 6.5, its best to write or call to discuss a few ways of improving your removal conditions. Don't know your pH... you need a water test.
What is the intended maximum flow rate in your home? This is important for two reasons, one we need to match the maximum flow rate of your home with the maximum service flow rate of your system, and two, the system requires a certain amount of water to clean its media bed properly... a single cubic foot of GreenSand Plus+ media has a maximum flow rate of 5gpm (gallons per minute). So a 1cuft system is a 5gpm system, 1.5cuft = 7.5gpm, 2.0cuft = 10gpm.
Don't know your flow rate... Fixture counts and the number of people is a practical way when you have the endless water supply, well-pumping systems often are the limiting factor so a bucket test using a hose from your manifold or tank tee will work great.
You can learn more about GreenSand Plus+ media here.
GreenSand Plus+ is sometimes used for Radium and Arsenic removal if this is why you are choosing this system please contact us prior to ordering to discuss.
Please direct any questions you have to us so we can help you choose the right size and system for your water.
Features and Benefits
- Large Easy to Read Backlit Display
- Battery Back-Up for Power Outages
- Super Efficiency
- High Flow Valve Design
- Simple Programming
- Low Maintenance
Great Information Links
What's in the Box
- One Fully Assembled System*
- Fleck 5800-SXT Advanced Metered Control Valve
- Matching By-Pass Valve
- Your Choice of 1" or 3/4" Piping Connectors
- Pentair Structural Poly Glass Mineral Tank - Black
- Highest Efficiency GreenSand Plus+ Media
- Riser Rod with Upper and Lower Baskets
- PotPerm Feeder Tank
- 5lbs of Potassium Permanganate
- Full Sized Printed Manual
- * If you live in an area that doesn't have an adequate courier service, don't worry we can often post a system in two or three easy to assemble pieces.
- 5 years on the complete control valve
- 10 years on the structural mineral tank
- *Warrantied for manufactures defects
- The Water Guy Provides
- Free Phone & Email Support
- System Sizing
- Installation Help
- 1.0 cuft Capacity, 9" Diameter by 48" Tall Mineral Tank
- 1.5 cuft Capacity, 10" Diameter by 54" Tall Mineral Tank
- 2.0 cuft Capacity, 12" Diameter by 52" Tall Mineral Tank
- Smaller & larger systems are available, please inquire with your specific needs